DEPARTMENT OF VISUAL COMMUNICATION
B.Sc (Visual Communication)
The Department started offering B.Sc. Visual Communication from the year 2018. The department is now housed in a well-designed building with the necessary facilities. The Department has made innovations and hands-on methods of learning as its hallmark. Besides classroom instruction, students are constantly encouraged to attend/organise seminars, workshops and campaigns. Its main objectives are
- To train students in meaningful use of visual media
- To explore for alternative perspectives within visual media in a globalizing context.
- To train students to understand the loss of cultural identities in contemporary visual media and enable them to revive those identities by responsibly using the visual media.
- To sharpen the creative capacities in students to function at various fields in visual media.
- To introduce to students the various genres and branches in the visual media so as to enable them to locate the ultimate possibilities to creatively engage the visual media.
- To help students to understand the socio-political dimensions of visual media without diluting it with too much of aesthetics.
- To help students to understand the meaningful relationships between art and craft and technology so as to enable them to become globally recognized media professionals
The Department is committed to train culture conscious, development oriented, socially responsible citizens and committed media professionals.
- To provide a broad spectrum of visual media to enable students make meaningful career choices.
- To train students towards better understanding of media by sharpening their creativity.
- To facilitate use of alternative media to bring positive changes in society
- To bring down the gap between the academia and media industry.