DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
The Department of Physics was established in the year 1995 . The Under Graduate and Post Graduate programmes were instituted in 1995 and 2013 respectively. In addition to the above, Master of Philosophy was started in the year 2015.
The Department has a modern laboratory to serve the teaching and research needs of the faculty and students of the Department.
The ever-increasing rush for admission to the Department clearly shows the academic reputation of the Department. The Department helps students of other related disciplines also to undertake project works, especially in electronics and non-conventional energy sources like solar energy and wind energy.
- To achieve and maintain high academic standards through sustained diligence and creativity in teaching, learning, research and extension work.
- To recognize the concepts of Physics and extend it to real time challenges
- To employ the acquired skills to critically think, prepare and make oral and written presentations of scientific reports.
- To train students to become employable / entrepreneurs.
- To evolve, design methodology, analyze, evaluate and report on innovative scientific problems.
- To develop academically competent and professionally motivated women leaders, equipped with objective and critical thinking who compassionately foster the scientific temper with a sense of social responsibility.