DEPARTMENT OF MICROBIOLOGY
B.Sc. (Micro biology)
M.Sc. (Micro biology)
- The Department of Microbiology was established in the year 1998 . The Under Graduate and Post Graduate programmes were instituted in 1998 and 2013 respectively.
- The Department is armed with well qualified, dedicated & professionally experienced faculty members and fosters research & development activities in major thrust areas like Clinical laboratory practices, Molecular diagnosis & immunological assays, soil microbiology & plant growth promotion.
- The strength of the department lies in the potential of the students & its bloomed laboratory. The department has well furnished air conditioned lab with computer system, ELISA reader, PCR, UV spectophotometer, soxhlet, Phase contrast Microscope etc.
- Acquire knowledge on fundamentals of Microbiology.
- Understand details of bacterial, fungal, algal and viral morphology and physiology.
- Competently be able to cultivate and characterize bacterial and fungal forms.
- Grasp the fundamental concepts of immunity and the contribution of organs and cells in the development of immune response.
- Gain insight into the various aspects of microbial genetics.
- Be proficient on cloning vectors and rDNA technology.
- Assimilate technical skills on microbial genetics and molecular biology.
- Realize the application oriented aspects of Microbiology.
- Understand the concepts and development of microbial diseases in animals & plants.
- Realize the principles of prevention and treatment of microbial diseases.