DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
The Department of English was started when the college was revived in 1998. It was upgraded as a post-graduate department in 2010. The M.Phil. Research programme was begun in 2014 as a full time programme. English is a global language that has brought people and cultures together. It has now, in the current global scenario, become the language of education, technology, trade and cross-cultural relations. In addition to its basic functionality in helping to widen the learners’ perspective by introducing them to sundry cultures across the globe, English literature as a discipline caters to the inculcation of values even as it enriches communicative skills, and thereby grooms the holistic development of the youth. Learning of literature thus contributes richly to community living and comradeship.
- To enrich the aesthetic sensibility and critical acumen of the students by exposing them to good literature
- To help them understand the nuances of life through literature and relate to fellow human beings meaningfully.
- To excel academically and professionally in communication skills
- To develop a critical appreciation of literature
- To comprehend the universality of human concerns
- To facilitate students enrich their communication skills in the English language and inculcate in them a love for reading and interpreting literature by means of
- Innovative, career oriented and tailored courses to match contemporary trends.
- Perfect integration of critical thinking, communication skills & technology.
- Good interpersonal relationship between faculty and students.
- Collaborative programme with external agencies.
- Well Equipped Language Lab