DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
The Department of Chemistry was established in the year 1994 . The Under Graduate started and Post Graduate programmes were instituted in 1994 and 2015 respectively.
Chemistry is recognized as the central science. Its role in connecting all the other basic sciences has been widely accepted and appreciated. Therefore understanding of the chemical entities and their reactions at the undergraduate level is the foundation for interfacing with other basic sciences. In a developing country like India, with a potential human resource, thrust in equipping students on basic sciences is essential. This necessitates a constant relook and up gradation of the basic science education in every higher educational institution.
- To impart quality chemistry education on par with international standards.
- To develop psychomotor skills for accurate and precise laboratory work.
- To train students to become employable / entrepreneurs.
- To develop a thirst for higher education and research.
- To inculcate positive personality traits through classroom experiences.
- To train students to share their expertise in chemistry with the community.
- To provide chemistry education par excellence for all sections of scholars at all levels catering to the requirements for such walks of life as Chemists, Technicians, Educators, Researchers and Environmentalists contributing to our country’s growth with the state-of-the-art infrastructure and periodically updated curriculum.